Registration Night - Wednesday, September 3rd, 5:00pm to 8:00pm Print E-mail
Monday, 01 September 2014 01:00

Curling season is fast approaching,  So, it is time to plan on joining or returning to the Granite. 

Fall Registration Night will be taking place on Wednesday September 3rd from 5 – 8 pm.

Come in and see what the curling club looks like after this summer's renovations. Representatives from all the leagues, as well as many board members, will be there to answer your questions about schedules and signing up for leagues.

Don’t forget to pay the balance of your fees at the Payment table by cash, cheque, debit or credit card.  Remember to bring your personalized form that was delivered with your August newsletter.

While at the club, sign up for the Opening Clinics, Opening Bonspiel, and Opening BBQ while reacquainting old friends. 

See you there!

 
Youth Symposium - Sept 7, 2014 - 9:30 to 12:30pm Print E-mail
Tuesday, 02 September 2014 19:07
A Youth Curling Symposium will be held at the club on Sunday, Sept 7, 2014 - 9:30 to 12:30pm
 
The Symposium is a gathering of youth curling representative in the OVCA including youth club coordinators, coaches, OCA and OVCA representatives and interested parents and general public. All 
interested individual are welcome. Lunch is provided by the OVCA.
 
The full agenda can be found in the attached pdf document.
 
 
 
Club Coach Course - Oct 4-5, 2014 Print E-mail
Tuesday, 02 September 2014 18:51
There will be a OCA Club Coaching Course being held at the club on Oct 4-5, 2014.
 
If you are interest please go here to register:

 
Coaches who take this two-day workshop become “Club Coach Trained”. This workshop does not lead 
to CERTIFICATION. This is a program designed to enhance the skill set of the coach or instructor who 
functions primarily at the club level but whose teams are starting their competitive experience. The Club 
Coach will be competent in training curlers from youth to masters, with skill levels of beginning to 
intermediate. The Club Coach will be proficient in planning and designing a practice/clinic, ethical 
decision-making, teaching correct curling skills, skill analysis, safety and program management.
 
Prerequisite: Must be a minimum of sixteen (16) years of age at the start of the course.
 

 

 

 
Making donations to the Granite Print E-mail
Friday, 25 April 2014 19:19

On Wednesday, April 23rd we sent out a Granite E-News email to inform members  of a planned change to the way the Canadian Curling Association (CCA) handles tax-deductible donations of funds to be directed to local clubs.  The announcement that we sent out is included below.

 

The Granite Board has recently been advised that, effective May 1, 2014, the CCA will be returning to the GCC only 75% of tax deductible donations made by GCC members. The remaining 25% will be kept by the CCA and put into their CAP (curling assistance program) from which it is unlikely the GCC would get anything.

Bottom line: if any members are contemplating making a donation to the GCC and would like a tax receipt, they should act before April 30, 2014 by bringing in to Denise a cheque payable to the CCA.  

If you have any questions about making donations to the Granite contact the Treasurer at  This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it .

 

The following day we received word from the CCA that the start date of the change was moving from May 1st to August 1st.

The treasurer has updated the Granite's guidelines for donations to reflect the changing situation at the CCA.  You can see the updated guidelines here ...

POLICY_GUIDELINES_RE_DONATIONS_TO_THE_GCC_April_2014.pdf

As we said in the email, contact the Treasurer if you have questions about making donations to the Granite.

 

 
 

Upcoming Events

SEP
03

Wednesday 17:00 - 20:00
Registration Night

SEP
07

Sunday
OVCA Youth Symposium

SEP
22

Monday 09:30 - 12:00
Rink Committee Meeting

SEP
23

Tuesday 19:00 - 21:00
Opening Clinic

SEP
24

Wednesday 19:00 - 21:00
Opening Clinic

Adjust font size